For the latest trends on cake toppers and wedding accessories, come visit the Magical Day blog!back to list of articles ...
What can I expect from a Wedding Planner?
Basically, wedding planners are event planners and coordinators for your Big Day. If you choose to hire a Wedding Planner, here is an overview of what you might expect.
After selecting a planner, typically you will start with a kickoff meeting. Your planner will need to understand the wedding you envision. This understanding will include not only the wedding day, but the rehearsal dinner, bridesmaids’ luncheon and any other event associated with your wedding and the planning of it.
The planner should understand the style and taste of the wedding. Be sure to select a planner that has demonstrated an understanding of your style.
You will review the budget and set expectations for the price of the entire event. A contract will be presented, negotiated and agreed upon.
An excellent planner has excellent organizational skills.
After the engagement you’re starting to understand the lengthy list of decisions and activities before you. You are eager to explore them, but you already have a full life with your relationship, career and family.
Wedding planners can help lighten your load so that your journey to wedded bliss is more enjoyable. Some of the tasks that a planner may fulfill include:
- Review and create vendor contracts
- Organize the timeline within day of the wedding and rehearsals
- Coordinate vendor arrivals and deliveries with your venues
- Remind you of appointments, obligations and budget goals or constraints
Achieve the Desired Style
Wedding Planners have the connections and expertise to help you achieve the desired style for your Big Day. Including:
- Give you ideas regarding current trends and traditional classics
- Help present a cohesive look and feel on your wedding day
- Coordinate the printers, florist, graphic designers, caterer, etc.
- Help in the selection of the bridal gown and groom’s attire
- Help in the selection of bridesmaids dresses and other wedding party attire
- Suggest coordinating and stylish favors
- Design tables, lighting and other visual effects
Experienced wedding planners have an array of contacts that are tried and true, thus, increasing your ability to find that reception venue with the perfect view, or a caterer who will work with tight budgets. They may also be able to provide discounts for purchases.
Coordinators on the Big Day
On your wedding day, you're going to be extremely busy, but also filled with emotion and sentiment. Wedding planners can help you avoid the conflicting requirements on your time by:
- Running the rehearsal
- Meeting vendors and accepting deliveries, handling any no-shows and glitches
- Solving other last minute emergencies
- Setting up the ceremony and reception facilities
- Making sure the wedding party is on time and aware of their roles and functions
- Coordinating the reception timeline
- Ensuring that the space is maintained as specified so that you'll get your deposits back
- Organizing personal items and wedding gifts
- Returning borrowed items and rentals.
back to list of articles ...